The TeraRanger Duo is a powerful surface detection solution for any environment!
Combining our advanced infrared Time-of-Flight (ToF) technology with classic ultrasound technology, you’ll never again have issues detecting the proximity of difficult surfaces. Whether it’s reflective, transparent or absorbent surfaces such as carpets, water, transparent glass, or sound absorbing materials. TeraRanger Duo will provide fast, accurate results in a super-light and cost-effective package.
Shop now +
Tof 1000 Hz
Ultrasound 10 Hz
ToF 0.2 – 14m
Ultrasound 0.05 – 7.65m
From 16 Grams
Tof + Ultrasound
- Principle: Infrared Time-of-Flight & ultrasound
- Range resolution: 0.5cm for ToF. 1.0cm for ultrasound
- Accuracy: ± 4.0cm in precision mode ToF
- Field of view: 3° ToF. About 5-10° for ultrasound
- Supply voltage: 12V DC recommended (10-20V DC accepted)
- Supply current: 50mA average (110mA peak @12V)
Dimensions and Weight
- Size: 53 x 44 x 25mm
- Weight: 16g
- UART, +5V level, up to 115200,8,N,1. (Factory default when shipped)
- 15 pin DF13 (open-ended cable provided)
Featured Use case: TeraRanger Sensors against glass surfaces
We often get asked whether our infrared Time-of-Flight distance sensors can detect glass and other transparent surfaces. And to many people’s surprise, the answer is “yes”. Clearly, there are somecaveats, but you can read about those in this short white paper.