TeraRanger 3D Array
TeraRanger 3D Array is a simple 3D solution for mapping, SLAM and collision avoidance on ground and airborne robots. It combines eight TeraRanger One sensors and the TeraRanger Hub to create a lightweight, fully eye-safe 3D scanner where calibrated distance data is streamed from a USB or UART port as an array of synchronised distances, in millimetres.
With fast refresh rates, zero moving parts and 100% eye-safety it provides a lightweight, ROS compatible, alternative to traditional laser lidar scanners. Please refer to pictures for Field of View and beam configurations.
Choose TeraRanger One Type A sensors, or TeraRanger One Type B sensors depending on your operating environment and conditions. All other product specifications are the same as TeraRanger Tower, with the only difference being the configuration of the sensors’ axis.
SHOP NOW +
Up to 270 Hz
0.2 – 14 meters
TeraRanger 3D Array Performance:
- Principle: Time-of-Flight
- Range resolution: 0.5cm
- Accuracy: ± 4cm in precision mode
- Field of view: 3º for each sensor
- Supply voltage: 12V DC recommended (10-20V accepted)
- Supply current: 345mA @12V in general environment
Design, Dimensions and Weight:
- Size: L 135mm x W 58mm x H 70mm
- Weight: 130g fully assembled with 8 sensors
- Interface 1: UART, +3.3V level, 921600,8,N,1. Connector: 4 pin Molex Picoblade
- Interface 2: Micro-USB port (2.0)
- Expansion: 4 pin Molex Picoblade connector for Can bus +5V level. (Requires firmware development. Please contact us if you are interested in this)
Bespoke array in R&D to facilitate complex navigation requirement
Featured Use case: Build your custom arrays
The TeraRanger family is built on a modular approach whereby you can simply connect up to eight TeraRanger One sensors to a central board which then takes care of distributing power and receiving and synchronising distance data from different directions.